Monday, December 30, 2013

The Fox and Other Great Theater Spots by Pink Door Decor



Today was my daughter's tenth birthday and we spent our afternoon taking in the Atlanta Ballet's The Nutcracker. The show was fabulous and the venue was just as great.  I love attending shows at the Fox Theater in Atlanta.  The story behind the Fox is one of great interest and the link will lead you to its story.  

What I want to focus on in this post is the beauty of this old theater.  It is very stately and nostalgic.  You feel like you are inside an old Egyptian Temple.  As a matter of fact, the interior design of the Fox is heavily influenced by Alhambra in Morocco and Egypt's Temple of Kharnak.

Taken On My Walk To The Fox Theater In Atlanta

Stage For The Atlanta Ballet's The Nutcracker
After leaving the show, I was curious to find out how the Atlanta Fox ranked with other theaters in metropolitan cities in the U.S.  To my disappointment, the Fox was not ranked in the "Best US Theatres" ranking I found done by the Travel Channel. The Alliance Theater in Atlanta made the list but not the Fox.  Yes, I have been to the Alliance Theater,  if you are wondering.  The Alliance is modern and much newer than the Fox which makes it difficult to compare the two.  The acoustics are great in the Fox and I have never attended a bad show there.  I simply feel like I am in a true theater when I am there.

Grand Ballroom- Photo by Michael Portman

Where's your favorite place to take in a live show?

Terrell Dinkins
Residential Designer
Atlanta Interior Design


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...