Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cubbies and Mudrooms

OK, so I'm currently obsessed with mudrooms and cubbies right now. After eight years of living in my home I've found that accessorizing a home is more than putting Knick knacks on a table or hanging a picture on a wall but designing and utilizing a useful space too.  After adding two kids, a dog and a cat my once neat abode lost it's magazine cover look and started to look more like a train wreck. Hence, I'm in the middle of construction and I'm adding a mudroom.  I've had so much fun designing the layout and picking out each detail from paint color to hook styles.  Once it's ready I'll be able to organize my home, redistribute the mess and reclaim my once neatly accessorized casa.                                                                                        
These are two of my inspirations.  I love the openess of the top picture and anyone with kids will understand why.  Back packs, jackets, sports gear and of course muddy shoes always seem to take over my kitchen once everyone is home.  Space, hooks and drawers are a must in my book.  The cubbies under the stairs is a great idea too if space is limited and the drawers are a bonus.  I used the wainscoting idea for my cubbies.  Stay tuned for pictures!

So...The moral of this blog is once my mudroom is finished I'll be able to reaccesorize my reclaimed home.  And of course I'll be shopping at Pink Door Decor to do just that.


Happy Decorating
The Girls Behind the Pink Door
Teri and Terrell


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...