Friday, July 1, 2011

PILLOW PAIRING...SIZE DOES MATTER by PINK DOOR DECOR

I am going to peek my head from behind the door just a moment and introduce myself. 
I am Terrell Dinkins, one of the owners of Pink Door Decor and I am a Residential Designer. I am excited because I just received my new throw pillows from Pink Door Decor.  The pillows look great on my 13 year old reupholstered sofa.  Changing out your throw pillows give an old sofa a face lift.  The size, pairing and inserts of your pillows do matter if you want to create a savvy look for your sofa.  As a designer, I love mixing patterns and fabrics. If you use solids, throw in a few prints.  I also think it is important that the pillows are of different sizes.  In my illustrations below, I have paired 22x22 inch pillows with 18x18 inch pillows.  I have even thrown in a 14x26 inch pillow in the ikat design.

All of Pink Door Decor inserts are feather/down filled and removable.   With feather/down pillows, you never have to worry about your pillow losing its shape.  Foam inserts are less expensive, but overtime, the pillow becomes flat and you can not fluff it out.  Finally, when I dress the sofa with the pillows, I love leaving a chop on the front pillow for pizzazz.

I would love to get your feedback on this blog subject.

www.pinkdoordecor.com






Happy Decorating!
Terrell and Teri
The Girls Behind The Pink Door

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...